Multi-Cloud Services and Subsurface Cloud Storage
With cloud services for subsurface data, Katalyst makes it easier for oil and gas companies to access and utilize their data assets. As your seismic and well data management partner, Katalyst stores and curates your metadata through our D-mass storage system, providing a multi-cloud storage solution that is always accessible in a secure environment. Clients access their seismic and well data archives through Katalyst’s iGlass PPDM database, a web-based ESRI map designed especially for managing subsurface data. Whether you’re downloading your data locally, or sending it to third-party, your geoscience data is readily available for processing, interpretation and data analytics.
kms of 2D data
Oil and Gas Cloud Computing
As the first digital content managers to implement the PPDM data model for seismic, subsurface and well information, Katalyst integrates innovative technology throughout our cloud services to provide end-to-end geological and geophysical (G&G) data management and oil and gas cloud environment solutions. With our private Tier 2 datacenters and highly secure databases, we provide clients peace of mind in that their seismic and well data resources are protected and accessible.
Cloud Security is our Priority
Katalyst is constantly evaluating its security architecture in an effort to provide the highest level of cloud security, privacy and safety for our customers. Because there are important security issues associated with electronic transactions, strict internal procedures are in place within Katalyst to control our online services – from training employees, to confirming customer data transmissions, to prevent service interruptions. We safeguard information according to industry security standards and procedures, and we continually assess new technology for protecting information.
Your subsurface data is stored on Katalyst’s network and access to that network is strictly controlled by state-of-the-art firewall technology. Strict intrusion detection and prevention policies are in force, protecting your data from outside threats. Information exchanged over the internet is encrypted.
Cloud Computing Security
We use advanced technologies to make iGlass every bit as secure as it is convenient. These technologies protect your G&G information from end to end – from your computer to Katalyst’s systems and back. Katalyst uses several methods to ensure integrity of your sessions, including:
- Encrypted Communications: Prevents interception of your session data.
- User ID and Password: Only your valid ID and password will allow you to login.
- Constant Monitoring: We are always monitoring our systems to prevent any potential problems that could compromise security or confidentiality.
Katalyst uses a variety of technologies and techniques to secure its products and services. You can help control risks and enhance your security when conducting business online by taking some simple steps:
- Basic Security: Keep your username, password and other personal information confidential.
- Virus Management: Install and update virus protection software to reduce the risk of viruses getting into your computer. Use caution when opening e-mails received from unknown sources and pay special attention to any attachments.
- PC Software: Ensure your browser is using the highest encryption available. Katalyst currently requires a minimum of 128-bit encryption.
For more information on our data storage services, please contact us.