Seismic Data Partialing
Seismic data partialing mitigates the challenging and time consuming nature of working with 2D and 3D seismic data sets that cover large geographical areas. The number of physical tapes on which the data is stored combined with the sheer volume of data can make accessing and using the data time consuming and inefficient – particularly if the tape technology is also approaching end of life.
Our geophysicists can easily meet requirements for data partialing, regardless of size, whether they are simple or complex in nature.
Why not work with a subset of seismic data instead?
- Seismic data partialing substantially reduce the time required to load and interpret data.
- Data subsets can be selected on any parameters – for example shot point ranges, in-line or cross-line ranges, coordinates, polygons, or depth.
- Complexity and size of subsets does not matter – as long as the information is in the data.
- Inclusion of support data enables the full interpretation of data – whether graphical or textual in nature.
- Significant cost and time efficiencies are realized.
Katalyst Data Management has extensive experience in the provision of seismic data subsets for the exploration industry. We understand seismic data. Our geophysicists and highly skilled geophysical data technicians can easily meet requirements for data partialing, regardless of size, whether they are simple or complex in nature. In most circumstances, we are able to suggest additional parameters to further enhance the selection of the data subset and therefore improve and add value to desktop interpretation and processing.
As an integral and essential part of our workflow and quality control process, Katalyst Data Management uses a combination of seismic and mapping validations to ensure that geophysical data subsets have been created correctly.
For more information on our seismic data partialing services, please contact us.